Acp to fiberglass

Mar 21, 2018
hunter 146 Keuka Lake NY/ Jersey Shore
Welp... uncovered the KL a few days ago and guess what. a fair amount of cracks again...no surprise here. Been repairing them since I got it. Definitely, getting a bit tired of it though. Been around boats my whole life, so I realize that with any boat there is always something... Found a video on youtube, where a spanish speaking couple bought a 170....cracked literally all over. Their solution...cut all the acp on the deck everywhere....and have it glassed. Looks like they gelcoated the hull too! The effect was stunning.. and got me thinking. Wonder how much that would cost? Probably expensive, but also probably cheaper than a new boat, and never have to repair acp again. Anyone have any idea how much this might cost? I really love my boat and would break my heart to have her crushed. Here's the link to the vid....HUNTER 170 ACP TO FIBERGLASS REPARACIÓN (youtube.com)

Mar 21, 2018
hunter 146 Keuka Lake NY/ Jersey Shore
Hey Dave! Hope all is well! Spoke to you at length via message and phone call a when I first got it about 6 years ago. Your recommendations have been spot on all these years. Every year though when I take it out from under the cover though, I have more cracks in different places to repair. Just wish I could have owned her when hunter was replacing hulls. Anyway grew up with boats , and can do light glass work (even have done on her for a initial bad delamed spot)....but wondered why it might cost to just cut all the acp off, sand the foam, and have a shipyard completely glass the top. Anyone ever have their hull reglassed? Also Mine is a 146.