Accessories CB trips when plugged in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2010
Catalina 310 RYC, Richmond CA
If I switch my accessories (for the 12v cigarette lighter type plugs) on while I'm plugged in to shore power the CB trips. Is this normal?

I know the PO installed a Phase Three charger. Which is great. Just not sure what's causing it...?

Any ideas?

Oct 31, 2010
Does the stock Catalina 310 trip the ACC. circuit breaker when plugged in??? I would assume it doesn't...

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
It sounds like you have a crossed ground or something.

Your PO has done some upgrades that should be checked. I don't believe a 12 volt outlet was stock on the boat. Most were added during commissioning or after. On our 310, I can have the batteries charging and the 12 volt outlet on. But mine isn't connected to the "accessories" switch, its connected to the "cabin lights" switch.

Where is the 12 volt outlet? Did you chase the wires to see where they go? The positive side should go to the "accessories" switch and the negative side to the negative bus bar that is behind the electric panel.

Oct 31, 2010
The 12V sockets are at the nav. table and on the wheel pedestal. The weird thing is, it doesn't trip when it's not plugged in. I emailed tech. support for the Three Phase charger. They think it may be the power module in the charger. I definitely have some investigating to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.