A creative solution during social distancing

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Heard this from a friend yesterday: her aunt had enjoyed pub crawling with her friends for years, but being "confined to quarters" has ended that, at least for the time being. So she put a bottle of wine in every room in her house and every evening she "pub crawls" through her house while chatting on the phone with her friends.

I may have to try this!

--Peggie

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
"Quarantini" party last nite here....folks on their boats, in the harbor, on the water nearby, and their homes nearby all on a designated vhf channel @ 17:00.....cheers!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
My friends are doing Zoom cocktail hours! I'd never heard of Zoom until a few days ago. I missed the first but all seemed to enjoy. I'll get in the loop and be ready by the next. We're mostly in different cities anyway so this may go on after the crisis ends. Something good came from all of this.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
My friends are doing Zoom cocktail hours! I'd never heard of Zoom until a few days ago.
Zoom and other conference software is becoming more known because of this.

People have traditionally used things like facetime, skype etc. Unfortunately those all require people signing up for accounts.

I found this service though a software development team I was involved with.
No signup required. Works on multiple platforms. Phones and tablets require a free app. Computers can simply use a browser.
You can video chat, audio chat, typing chat, or even dial into the call with a landline phone for audio only.

All you do is go to the page….. type a name for your "conference".. and click go.

I plan on using this for a couple group meets.
For example…. We had season tickets to the local theatre, which is going to stream the last show of the season.
So we are going to try get everyone online with "jitsi" and watch it together. My fun idea is to have laptops shooting sideways so that we can look over and see each other in our " theatre seats". hehe

They shouldn't be calling it social distancing. It's should be physical distancing.
Tell that to the introverts.
My fave quote in that regard is..
"Introverts are looking forward to when this is all over, so that extroverts will go back outside and leave them alone" :laugh:

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
My entire family (9 of us) played the game of things on Zoom Saturday Evening

1586284815458.png

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Good friends of ours tested positive last month. He weathered it well but it kicked the hell out of her. We just celebrated her 59th birthday on Zoom which included their children and ours. Lots of red wine and a few beers! I miss being social :(.
They didn't require hospitalization thank God and now they are giving their blood in the fight against Covid 19. :clap:
I wish I could Zoom with my mom for Easter but she's 87 and suffers from macular degeneration. So the phone will have to do.
Be safe, Happy Easter and Passover. Tough time to be social distancing.