'85 M25 Mast Spreaders -- Need Info, Measurements Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2008
Macgregor 25 Tallahassee
Hi --

My complete restoration of an '85 M25 is coming to a close. What a LONG journey (almost 3 years on and off now!). It's looking great though. Hey listen ... I am getting finally to start to think about rigging. I had a close look at my mast spreaders the other day, and realized I have an issue. In my case, what seems to have happened is that a previous owner replaced one of the spreaders ... why? Who knows -- I suspect some sort of accident, or failure.

So what I have is two spreaders that are clearly different, both in terms of total length and in terms of the configuration of the "end" of each.

If one of you who has an M25 of approximately the '85 vintage could take a second to inspect your spreaders and answer the following two questions, I would be most appreciative! ;)

(1) what is the total length of your spreaders? (in inches, and partial inches) (Once I know this, I can rule out which of mine is correct / original, and which was the replacement).

(2) what does the "end" of your speader look like? One of mine has a plastic end with a cap, and 2 screws to hold the wire in place. The other has a metal cap with a single slot to guide the wire.

THANKS so much! :dance:

Best, Chris.

Dec 6, 2008
Macgregor 25 Tallahassee
Found the Answer

Hi Again -- via google, I actually found most of the answers I needed, actually on a previous thread in here from last summer.

Thanks anyways ... looks like I am good to go.

Chris.

Nov 21, 2011
macgregor 25 barrie, ontario
Re: '85 M25 Mast Spreaders -- Need Info, Measurements Please

have you got some pics of the project?
before during & after?

Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
Re: '85 M25 Mast Spreaders -- Need Info, Measurements Please

When I made my new ones I used the same length between the bolt hole and the far end but add length after the bolt for extra strength and then notched the tube so that it could fold flat aginst the mast when trailering.

Status
Not open for further replies.