73 Ranger 29 Pics - Inside and Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2011
Ray 1973 Ranger 29 Lake Tahoe, CA
I would love to see any 73 Ranger 29 pics so I can see how mine will look after I'm done working on it.

Frank

Jul 29, 2010
planning purchase considering C&C Beaufort
check Brokerage Sites

I would love to see any 73 Ranger 29 pics so I can see how mine will look after I'm done working on it.

Frank
There are several Ranger 29s for sail on Saliboat Listings and Yachtworld. Marine Source also usually has some boats. The one on yachtworld has 18 interior pictures but is unloved. As I recall the interiors were all pretty similar on the Rangers I crewed on back then so you might just look for a nice 28, 29 or 30 footer to get some ideas. Don't know why but the West coast Ranger listings generally appear better kept.

Apr 29, 2011
Re: check Brokerage Sites

Ondinesails: Thanks for the references. As I put everything back together, I just want to make sure I put things back where they were.

Thanks again,
Frank

Apr 19, 2011
Ranger-Yachts R29 Olympia, WA
Re: check Brokerage Sites

R29 interiors pretty much look the same after '72, when they changed from the dinette seating to settee with fold-up table. There are also minor differences in the galley area, but by now most of these boats have had owner modifications and upgrades anyway.

I have collected quite a number of R29 photos over the past few years that I use for ideas for modifications I want to make. Let me know if you would like to see a specific feature as I probably have several pics from various model years.

Les

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
The Ranger 29 is a Gary Mull design and the Ranger 30 is a C. Raymond Hunt design, so don't look at a Ranger 30 interior and think that is what a Ranger 29 interior is supposed to look like. The Ranger 28 is a Mull design too, but a completely different boat than the R29. The R28 has a lot of tumblehome. The Ranger 29 looks like a larger Ranger 23 or Ranger 26.

Apr 29, 2011
Thank you Barnacle Bill: I'll take a look at the Ranger 26. I appreciate the suggestion.

Take care,
Frank

smack

May 4, 2010
Ranger R28 Lake Travis
There is a facebook from ranger sailboats
Pictures there mailto:RangerSailboats@groups.facebook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.