73 Ranger 29 internal schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2011
Ray 1973 Ranger 29 Lake Tahoe, CA
I bought an old 73 Ranger 29, and I'm fixing her up to hopefully launch her by the end of the summer. Does any one out there have a schematic of how the internal part of the 73 Ranger 29 is set-up? It was stripped down when I got it. If anyone has an original schematic chart or explainations of what is what and what it's for, I would be truly grateful.
Frank

May 18, 2009
Beneteau First 38 Portland
I really doubt you'll find anything more instructive than perhaps the "floor plan" from a brochure. These boats (my Ranger 33, at least) came with a fifteen page (or so) manual, copied from a hand typed original. There's no photos, or drawings beyond the sail plan.

If you're trying to restore it to original condition, you'll have to find another boat somewhere to look at. And most boats have 'evolved' over the years, so finding an original may be tough.

I don't know if Gary Mull had any heirs or if anyone has ever tried to see if he left any design plans somewhere.

Take advantage of having a blank slate upon which to build something exactly to your desires :) Good Luck!

Apr 29, 2011
jgurly: Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to figure out what the three valves in the front berth, on the floor, were for. Two smaller valves and one larger one valve by the speedometer unit. The throttle cable was also disconnected and I wanted to connect it correctly. If you have any ideas, I would be very appreciative. Thanks, Frank

Apr 19, 2011
Ranger-Yachts R29 Olympia, WA
I have a '76 R29 and the through-hulls under the v-berth on mine = Large thru-hull is from the y-valve for pumping the head/holding tank. One small thru-hull is the raw seawater intake for the head, the other is the drain for the head sink. The R29 manual, which I have a copy of, is not very useful as mentioned as most systems will have changed by now. Happy to answer questions or send photos if you have specific questions.

Les

May 18, 2009
I checked the R29 manual on my site (see signature) and it describes the seacocks as mentioned by Les.

Apr 29, 2011
Hi Les: Thanks for the infor. That really helps. I really appreciate your time to respond.

Frank

Apr 29, 2011
Hi jgurly: I'm still a rookie at this site so I'm not sure where to go or what to do when you wrote "(see signature)."

Frank

Apr 29, 2011
Hi Les: What a sweet boat-Rogue. I can only hope that mine can have a little of the class that your's shows. The pictures really help me get a sense of what the 73 Ranger 29 can someday look like. My in-laws live in the Seattle/Tacoma area, and my we are up that way a number of times during the summer. Thanks again and that Rogue beer look great with your hat.
Take care,
Frank

May 18, 2009
Sorry for the low key reference to my signature (which you appeared to figure out). I just don't want to do anything to hurt the traffic here, since the more sources, the better.

Apr 19, 2011
Ranger-Yachts R29 Olympia, WA
Thanks, I do love the boat! Happy to answer what I can or show pics if you have specific questions. Let me know if you make it up this way and want to take a peek at Rogue (or go for a sail!) Just got through rebuilding my heat exchanger and hope to get it put back on this weekend and get her out on the Sound.

Les

Status
Not open for further replies.