42CC/44CC vs 473

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2005
- - Alpharetta, GA
Does anyone have any experience with the interior space of a 42 or 44CC vs. a 473? The CCs seem to pull a lot more room aft, but it's very hard to judge from pictures without a frame of reference how the interior space of the CCs compare with the 473. Anyone been in both? Thanks, Mason

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

Interior space

Mason, historically the CC willl have more interior space in the aft cabin but the sacrifice is that the salon area is smaller than in an aft cockpit such as the 473. It might be worth the road trip down to the Miami show and see some of the Beneteaus right there when you can compare first hand. If I can help with anything else just give a shout Charlie

S

Steve

42CC vs473

I was lucky enough to be aboard both a 42CC and a 473 last April in the BVI's. The 473 is much larger. The 42CC is broken up both on deck and below, and the hall through the galley to the aft stateroom seems very long. The 42CC aft stateroom is cavernous but dark. Actually, the whole boat is dark below. The 473 lets a lot of light in to the saloon. Headroom-wise there's no comparison (I'm 6'1"), the 473 wins hands down. They both sail wonderfully for a production boat. My bias is against CC's as for me staterooms are for sleeping and with space at such a premium, I wouldn't "waste" it there. Both have the galley beside the companioway, where it belongs. But if you can afford the 473, I'd recommend it very highly. It feels, lives, and sails like a big boat.

Jan 19, 2005
- - Alpharetta, GA
Thanks for the replies

I probably won't be able to make the Miami show, but St. Barts Yachts is a hop, skip, and jump away from me in Charleston, SC. I think they have most new Beneteaus in the water so I can compare. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.