40 CC questions

Jan 11, 2021
Beneteau 40 CC Singapore
Hi all,

I'm looking at a '99 40 CC at the moment, couple of questions to ask you guys before I go to next stage of a full survey:

1. There is water staining at the base of the wooden surround around the mast where it meets the saloon floor, and the keel boats are rusty (looks like surface rust). I've read enough about keel boats to understand the costs/process to change so am not concerned about that really, more concerned about the water ingress in the mast. Is this a common problem? Cause for concern? Known fixes?

2. The engine is definitely near/at end of life (10k hours), so looking at repower costs. It is a '99 Yanmar with 56hp and shaft drive. Some Googling brings up the 4JH5E but that's rated at 54hp and looks different. Can any of you gurus identify from this photo please?

Thanks in advance for your help!

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-10 at 12.33.45.jpeg

Jan 11, 2021
Beneteau 40 CC Singapore
A bit more digging around online looking at other 40ft Beneteau of the same age suggests the engine might be a 4JH3E, anyone know if that sounds about right?

Jan 27, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 40 CC Kroatia
Hello,

we own a 40 CC from 2000 since 6 Month and the first keel bolts lookd like this. The Wood at the are at the Mast is also "rodden". So far it looks like that rain from a special direction is the problem. We will not change the bolt, it holds fine, but we think we must seal the mast inside. We hope we get access when we do the service of the in Mast furling.

Attachments

Jan 31, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Glen Cove
That looks like an Yanmar 4JH3E. They are rated at 44Hp.