40.5 Window leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob willett

I have a 94 40.5 and I have begun having problems with leaks around the port and starboard large windows in main saloon. It has ruined my shades so I orderd new ones but dont want to install until I solve problem. THese is pink residue on shades and on edge of frame around windows. THis suggests to me that I have a leak above the window but I have rebeded the handholds. Anyone had this problem. Also is it possible that the beding around windows needs to be redone? Can I just cut out old bedding and refill? I dont really want to pull window out of boat if I dont have to. I did get the material from Hunter (739) to refil if nev=cessary.ANy suggestions would be helpful.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Probably Better To Remove

...and re-bed. You can take a razor and remove as much of the exterior bedding as you can and mask off the deck and plex and lay in some bedding, but it's nearly as much work and less chance of success. I did do it on another Hunter and it worked, but its a stop-gap. Hunter used to have a video available to demo the process. Rick D.

Status
Not open for further replies.