3D Print Files - Deck Fill Cap, Logos

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I was asked to see if I can make printable versions of the things.
I wanted a spare cap for myself and some logos, but I did a little more...
So, if anyone else is interested, I'm posting the links to the files I made.

I've tested the caps, they work on my boat with the proper O-ring.
PLA warning! - It's water absorbtive! Seal it well with something if you want to reduce the chances of contamination. (clear coat, etc)
PLA is fine with fuels. ABS is stronger but less resistive to fuels. Nylon is probably best for this sort of thing, but I don't have experience printing in Nylon. I made these as TEMPORARY spare caps.

IMG_0299.JPG
deckfill2.png

The older logo is really really close, but I didn't put the bevel that the original has.

Cat30OldLogo.png

This is the logo I was after anyway, and it's good.
CatalinaLogoPrint.jpg

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Very nice. PETG might also work, especially for the fuel fill as it does have good chemical resistance and is easy to print.

Aug 4, 2023
Bavaria 37Cruiser Glenelg
I have been using my 3D printer, carbon fiber filled nylon to make a number of custom parts for Oracle she is a Bavaria 37 , I made spinnaker pole mounts, fairleads with aluminum bushings , and a set of clamp on router guides so I could put a new spinnaker halyard box pulley in the mast while she was still in the water ( the local shipyard wanted to take her out of the water, take the mast off and hand rout the mast ) in less than an hour in a harness up the mast, feels good to be able you use the technology I use in my design company in a creative way to enhance my sailing :)