37C Portlight

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
I must replace the entire portlight above the galley stove. Unfortunately, I am about 6 hours from the boat and would like to obtain said replacement before my next trip to her. If memory serves, it should be a 7X15 Grey Enterprises. Please, if you have a Cherubini Hunter 37 Cutter, confirm this size or steer me in the right direction. Asking someone local to measure is out of the question as it would be too much to ask a friend to climb up and hack their way through the winter covers.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
I have an H30, so can’t comment on the size, but when I replaced my port lites, Gray Enterprise recommended Dow 795 as the sealant to use. It’s a high grade structural silicone that you can’t just pick up at West Marine, Home Depot or Menard’s on your way to the boat yard. I ordered mine on line.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
I must replace the entire portlight above the galley stove. Unfortunately, I am about 6 hours from the boat and would like to obtain said replacement before my next trip to her. If memory serves, it should be a 7X15 Grey Enterprises. Please, if you have a Cherubini Hunter 37 Cutter, confirm this size or steer me in the right direction. Asking someone local to measure is out of the question as it would be too much to ask a friend to climb up and hack their way through the winter covers.
Definitely 7x15 Grey. I remember that when I replaced mine with Beckson Raindrains, the new ports were slightly smaller, necessitating gluing a couple of dutchmen on the sides. The original H37C had three 7x14 and two 5x12 each side. When Hunter changed the deck mould in '82, that became two 7x15 and three 5x12 and they added an aft-facing 5x12 on the cockpit side of the galley as the 7x15 was no longer a port 'over' the stove.

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
Many thanks. You have confirmed that old age has not completely clicked in. My suspicion confirmed. Will order today, even though I am looking out my office window at a full-on winter blizzard! Yikes!