360 Vancouver Island 2022 Cruise

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
You see the Canadian Truckers politely driving across the country celebrating their independent nature from BC to Ottawa.
Bollocks. They're not so friendly once they got there:

Also:
Conservatives hitch their wagons to the convoy protest without knowing where it's going

Perhaps we could keep this to sailing, not trucking.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I was focused on Whales and Sail boats. The whales in BC NW Pacific more playful, than their Portuguese/Spaniard counter parts on the East side of the Atlantic. Suggesting perhaps that the whales take after their nearby humans.

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Well it's now mid Apr and is their anyone going to do the vancouver island 360 this year as may/june are the beat months?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Leo
I am still resolving the refit of Hadley. This looks to be slipping into early June. Kicking the 360 down the road for me till 2023.
For 2022, I plan to head into Canada, assuming the border is open the end of June. Want to stop by Saturna and participate in the Lamb BBQ. From there work my way north stopping in Maple Bay in route to Thetis Island and the Catalina Gathering the 6th of July. About the 10th head further north to Desolation Sound. Weather permitting, I'd like to visit Princess Louisa Inlet. I have heard it is beautiful. I have only seen pictures. This year I'd like to make it real life.

Hope to see you in Maple Bay if your there. If not perhaps we can rendezvous somewhere on the Salish Sea.

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Hope the refit work out. Will try and be down for the Cat rendezvous in July and yes Louisa is a grate location.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Leo
... Weather permitting, I'd like to visit Princess Louisa Inlet. I have heard it is beautiful. I have only seen pictures. This year I'd like to make it real life.

Hope to see you in Maple Bay if your there. If not perhaps we can rendezvous somewhere on the Salish Sea.
Princess Louisa is in deed beautiful but I prefer it earlier in the year. All of the photos that drew me there were from cruises in July and August but we went the beginning of June. The weather was fantastic with sunny days in the 70's and upward. The The water temperature was in the upper 60's and I enjoyed several nice swims. The best part of the earlier timeline is that the waterfalls are so much more than any photo I had seen. There were dozens of horsetail falls on the north side of the inlet that free-fell for more than a thousand feet from the top of the rock all the way to the valley floor.
Unforgettable.