36 problems???

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip

I'm looking at a 1988 36'. My initial reaction was "WOW!" A beautiful boat inside and out with lots of room except the sleeping areas. Are there any other short comings you owners, current or previous, have to report? The diesel has 1000 hours logged. Is that considered a lot or ?? Currently I sail my 1994 26' MacGregor... so my "big boat" experience has yet to start. Tnx Chip <chipwallace@thegrid.net>

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

1000 is considered just broken in

Sounds like a great boat! 1000 hours, from my understanding, is considered to be just broken in & should still have a long life ahead, if maintained properly. Do they have the maintenance records? If not, you might want to have a diesel mechanic come down & check it out. Boy, what a jump! 26' to 36'! You'll be swimming in living room!!! Have fun with it! LaDonna

P

PJ Walchenbach

Call Mark

Chip: I have a friend with a 1988 or 89 Cat-36. He is the original onwer and knows that boat as well as anyone. He will tell you like it is and will not blow a bunch or sunshine up your...ear. Give him a call at 206-783-9672. Paul

A

Art Golden

36 Problems?

We have a '93 C36. The V-berth has lots of room for my wife and I. With the '93 model they out a door and bulkhead leading to the aft cabin. My son uses the aft cabin along with our golden/lab and they also find it to heave plenty of room.

R

R. Scott

catalina 36 problems

Finished tenth year on 36. No major problems with 1990 model (except for goffy water line). Sugguest you get copy of tech note from 36 association, it would give you an idea of some of the problems owners have had in past.

Status
Not open for further replies.