36 MKII halyard length

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wally

Does anybody know the lenght of the main halyard on the 36 MKII? Thanks!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try the C36 Association website

and read the "Manual" section. Also need to know if they are led back to th cockpit and would be longer than if just at the mast.

rmclok

Jun 10, 2004
Catalina 36mkII Tia Rain III
LENGTH

I just replaced mine this season. It is 115' long. Mine was 7/16" Sta-Set X, so I replaced it with the same. A bit of a challenge to splice, but it looks really nice now. -Rob s/v Tia Rain III #1734

rmclok

Jun 10, 2004
Catalina 36mkII Tia Rain III
Of course!

Waffle, If you can spend money on it for a boat, West Marine carries it! They sell pre-spliced halyards with shackle attached. Item #440123 in the catalog = $195. Actually, its only 110' long, which would just make it, depending on where you attach the shackle when not in use. WM and other places also offer custom splicing - you could go that route. Or, you could always tie a bowline. But what fun is that, when you can buy the line and buy the splicing kit and sit at a table for an hour with lots of tools making a big mess? -Rob s/v Tia Rain III #1734

Dec 2, 2003
Catalina C-320 Washington, NC
Look here in the Chandlery

You can get them on this site for about $150, spliced with a shackle. If you don't need it right away, they periodically put them on sale for less than the cost of the line at WM. Apparently the same halyard for the 320, 34 and 36

Status
Not open for further replies.