34 Hunter install Raritan Hold n' Treat System with Electro Scan and 15 Gallon Tank and Raritan Four Gallon Salt Feed Tank with

May 17, 2022
Hunter 34 West Basin Marine Patuxent Riv
I just purchased the following items Raritan Hold n' Treat System with Electro Scan and 15 Gallon Tank and Raritan Four Gallon Salt Feed Tank with Pump 12v. The current electro scan (no holding tank) is located under the bench seat on the starboard side. From what I can see there is not enough room for the Four Gallon Salt Feed Tank with Pump 12v in that area. I was wondering if someone had done this install and where the best place to put the four gal salt feed tank?
Thank you in advance for your ideas/Help

Regards,
Bill

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If it's not too late, I suggest you exchange the ElectroScan version for the PuraSan version, which doesn't need salt and works in salt, brackish and fresh water. eliminating the need for a salt tank.
It's exactly the same size and shape as the ElectroSan, but instead of creating chlorine by charging the ions in salt water with electrical current, chlorine is supplied by a cartridge. You can read all about it here : Raritan PuraSan Promo Sheet I don't have a promo sheet for the "Hold 'n' Treat" package...you can see that it's identical to ElectraSan version in the listing for it on the Defender site. Raritan Purasan EX Hold N' Treat Systems

--Peggie

May 17, 2022
Hunter 34 West Basin Marine Patuxent Riv
Hi Peggie
I have a question. The boat yard that is installing my PuraSan hold & Treat unit and said I should change the seacock from bronze to High-strength Marelon because of the chlorine. What are you thoughts? Thank you so much for your help.
Regards,
Bill

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I've n ever heard of anyone recommending that before...I'd give Raritan a call to ask them. 800-352-5630. 'Cuz the type of chlorine--hypochlorous acid-- used by the PuraSan is the same type the ES creates by charging the ions in salt water with electrical current, very different from sodium hypochlorite (bleach).

--Peggie