336 Leans to One Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James

My 336 leans to starboard/aft about 4" lower on one side. When we pull it out you can really see the difference with the water scum line being above the boot stripe on that side. The origional owner installed big new gell batteries in the back storage compartments, one on each side. The boat also has an HVAC unit below the chart table. Is this enough weight to cause the boat to lean that much? Please advise.

P

Pete

336 list ?

4 inches is a lot of "lean". the batteries should balance them self if in opposite lockers. The ac unit should be less then 100 pounds and should not offset that much but try standing on the opposite side and see if that balances the boat any more. You may need to add ballast or load the boat heavy on the lighter side. Also what about fuel tank and holding tank. They are opposite one another but are yours empty ?full ? If holding tank is full could add weight to that side, but it should be offset by a full fuel tank. I had 336 and it had a slight list to starboard because of the batteries (3) all being on the same side but 4 inches is way to much. You may need to "strip out" the boat and see how much it list and reload accordingly. What do you have in the storage locker starboard side ? Extra anchor ? Best guess is to move weight around until you cure the list. Lots of boats have a slight list but 4 inches is too much. You might want to call Hunter and talk to them but try reloading the boat is my first option. There are two other 336's in my area and both of them do not have list as you described.

Feb 24, 2004
Hunter 336 Forked River
336 lean

Hi Jim, I too have a 336. I have two group 27 batteries in the starboard cockpit locker. I also have a Marine Air AC under the chart seat. I keep my holding tank empty. I keep my fuel tank full. I do not notice any lean at all. I do notice when my water tank is empty because the bow rises. Somthing else is going on here. George

Status
Not open for further replies.