331 teak

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerry Hause

One of the things that attracted me to the 331 was the small amount of teak to care for. I still haven't decided how to treat the cockpit seats. I would be interested in what other owners are doing.

H

Henryv

Teak Sealer

When I researched the subject there were a variety of opinions but the best recommendation appeared to be to use a sealer and simply re apply from time to time. The sealer keeps out the dirt and gives a bit of colour but does not peel and does not make the surface slippery. I was put on to a product called SEMCO by a boater in the Carribean who swore by it. So far it has worked well for me. Application is quick and easy.

L

Larry Watkins

Teak care

Jerry; On my 400, I went with Cetol and am NOT HAPPY with it. It's expensive, doesn't last in So. Cal. conditions, somehow water has gotten underneath it, making black streaks, it's too soft, it's orange, I hate it!

J

Jeff Taylor

El Natural'

I know you delemma........been there. Actually the teak oil isn't bad. I do mine three times a season and it keeps the teak looking fine. The small area on the transome was done with the Sikens cetol product, it looks Great...However it's so HOT you can't stand on it in bare feet. As a guy who races, don't put anything with a finish where you move around alot or your'll be swimming in rough water!!!!

J

Jack

Happy Cetol User Here

Sikkens Cetol "Light" is what I use on my Oceanis 370. I have been using this product for several years on my previous boat as well. Good luck. Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.