33' Yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2007
- - ct
I am looking at a 1978 33' Yamaha. The engine is a forward model. And a helm was installed after market.Does anyone have one of these. I am trying to get a feel for the boats p[ros and cons.I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Sep 21, 2007
- - ct
33 yamaha

Thanks Luke, Lets see how it goes.....Love to see some of the pics with the solar panels install.

L

Luke Schouten

Solar power

Jay, The picture shows 1 panel on the stern 55 watt mounted on a single ss pipe frame and supported by the back stay cable and stern railings. The 2 side panels, 30 watt each, are mounted on a ss pipe, wich is attached between the centre and top lifelines. The panels are all adjustable and interconnected for a single input. The input line is switched to two battery banks with 2 #10 wire supply lines to 2 regulators of 7 amps. I added a seperate house battery for refrigeration, which is independant from the house batteries and starter battery. This is to isolate any disturbance to communication equipment. It works great! The solar panels supply all the power to the batteries in the summertime. No need to start the engine and alternator. The make of the solar panels is ICP Well constructed and with a solid al. frame, so you do not have to worry about blowing off the boat on a rough day. I hope, that will answer some ?? Cheers Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.