311 Beneteau water tank .

May 2, 2022
Beneteau 311 Inner Harbor
Hello, my name is Christian and I'm new to the group. I recently purchased a 2001 Beneteau 311 and I noticed that the water tank in the v-berth slide aft and is now up against the two transducers. I know that there is are bar in the middle of the tank that is to hold the tank in place. Looking down at the top of the water tank and up against the bulkhead, there are two supports that the tank has slid under; (please see picture). I'm guessing that originally that they were suppose to a brace, keeping that from happening and somehow the tank managed to slide underneath them?

Attachments

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Welcome to SBO. I’m not sure of the setup on the 311 but I would drain the tank and try reinstalling it to its original position. Shouldn’t be too difficult. I would not leave it up against the transducer

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
After you move it back where it belongs there are several easy ways to secure it so that it does not shift again. One way is to fasten cleats to the deck the tank sits on. Another is to purchase a ratcheting hold down strap made with a stainless steel ratchet and heavy duty strapping. Place stainless anchor brackets appropriately and snug up the strap but do not crush the tank. A combination of these with cleats on the four sides at the bottom and a strap holding the tank down should work.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Drain the tank, loosen the bar that secures the tank in place, push the tank forward forward to the correct position and re tighten the overhead bar. Might want to fabricate some wooden or foam wedges to fit between the aft end of the tank and the bulkhead. Don’t want anything that will abrade & puncture the tank. Those overhead wood supports , shown in the photo, may help to hold the tank in position, but perhaps not. Their main purpose is to support the plywood sheathing that covers the tank and supports the V berth cushion / mattress. BTW, that tank was fabricated in France; I had to order a replacement screw-in access cover from them a few years ago.