310 Stereo Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Saint

I've just purchased a '97 310 and want to install a cd-stereo. Since electrical panel is in aft cabin, there is limited space on it to mount unit - anyone come up with an innovative/professional-looking installation area? How about speaker locations? Thanks!

J

Jesse Tate

"Yo System"

Bill, Stereo mounted on port forward bulkhead so that unit is housed inside the v-berth locker. Speakers mounted inside on the front of each settee (sp?) and outside on the consol behind where the table tops drop down. Hope you are enjoying your boat. Jesse

C

carl gamble

Same idea different location

Our hunter has a drawer like compartment on the starboard side, in front of the cabin set. We cut an opening in the side of this compartment and installed a car stereo with 10 cd changer. The top of the compartment, a wood drop top with finger hole, keeps all of the equipment out of site. The stereo came with a remote, so that we can change CD's or radio stations from the cockpit. We mounted BOSE outdoor speakers, with "L" brackets, on the bulkhead wall and then covered the exposed screw heads, seen from inside the V-berth, with a strip of teak wood. We also mounted 4 1/2 round speakers down at foot level, on either side of the helmsman seat. The remote is the best part about the whole setup.

B

Bill Saint

Good Ideas

Thanks for the ideas, I'm a week away from receiving boat so I'm anxious to get it set up!

C

carl gamble

Have the dealer install it

Before we took deliver of our boat, went bought the stero and speakers and the dealer did the installation for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.