310 market value ?

Dec 5, 2010
Beneteau 343 274 Niceville FL
Anyone know a source for finding out what 310's are selling for? I know a broker can provide this information but I am going to try by-owner first and if that does not work out I will let our local broker in at that time.

Also any tips on the most effective by owner websites to use?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
You can start at the YatchWorld web site and see what they are listed for, knowing the person has agreed to take a 10% hit for brokerage sale. Also look online at BUC Book. There is a limited access (three boats per day) that you can get in for free. They are kind of the Kelly Blue Book of boots. If it helps any, I have a 2001 model and just this fall had an insurance survey. It was listed at a value of $72,000.00 in his report, which caused us some surprise and we raised our insured value accordingly.

The above suggestions are going to be some of the first places a perspective buyer is going to head to see what he should pay.

Good luck

Russ
s/v Long Story

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks Russ, I will check out the BUC book. Our broker may also share some data if I let him know he will get the listing if we are not successful By Owner.

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I know that when I was looking for a 310 in the Northeast there were only a couple available. I can tell you that my 2001 boat was listed just under $60k, and I was not able to negotiate down very much. And that was the lowest I saw a 310 posted for anywhere near NYC. Boat is in very good condition...just a couple of minor findings by the surveyor.

Curt Sawyer
"Jacqueline"
2001 Catalina 310 #48

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Good choice, Curt. As you have seen, these boats are very popular, and for good reasons!

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks for all the help. The sad day has arrived and our 310 is now for sale ( see the classified adds on this site and boats.com), we are moving back to the Atlantic side FL and the boat is not making the trip this time.

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks again everyone...the boat sold quickly (3 serious lookers in the first few days on the market). The new owners fell in love at first sight (like we did) and will be sailing her to the Tampa Bay area soon.