30' C&C prop shaft strut

Aug 8, 2023
C&C 30 LaConner
I have a 1973 30' C%C - need a replacement prop shaft strut! does anyone know of a used one, the design of one if i have to have one made?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Chuck... C&C has been out of business since 2018. New parts are not being built. I would think they bought the strut. A picture of your strut may trigger some response here on SBO that could help. E-Bay may have one that was stripped off an old boat.

If you think the build plan is your path, even if broken take the old strut to a metal shop. Anacortes might be an option. They can use the old one as the model for a replacement.

Welcome to SBO

Aug 8, 2023
C&C 30 LaConner
Chuck... C&C has been out of business since 2018. New parts are not being built. I would think they bought the strut. A picture of your strut may trigger some response here on SBO that could help. E-Bay may have one that was stripped off an old boat.

If you think the build plan is your path, even if broken take the old strut to a metal shop. Anacortes might be an option. They can use the old one as the model for a replacement.

Welcome to SBO
Thanks for your reply! Yes, we're looking into local fabrication - the prices are ghastly! I'm also looking abroad. Here it is!
1691857921695.png
1691857934864.png

Oct 22, 2014
Has yours failed? Looks like it was welded once.

Looks to me like your measuring the cutlass bearing. The old one appears to be inside. Have you checked Duramax Marine for a replacement? They would need the diameter of the strut, the length of the strut for the cutlass bearing, and the diameter of the shaft.

Aug 8, 2023
C&C 30 LaConner
Has yours failed? Looks like it was welded once.

Looks to me like your measuring the cutlass bearing. The old one appears to be inside. Have you checked Duramax Marine for a replacement? They would need the diameter of the strut, the length of the strut for the cutlass bearing, and the diameter of the shaft.
The weld was done to recreate the strut for measurements! The strut was substantially bent and in the process of straightening - it broke! Yes, the measurement is not necessarily in the right place - the pic was sent to me. Have not checked them! will pass on this info.

thanks for your continued replies!

Oct 22, 2014
To get the internal diameter for the Strut you need to remove the old cutlass bearing.

It is a press out part.