3 blade prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2005
- - Windchaser
I would like to replace my 2 blade prop with a 3 blade. I have a Newport 27 w/ the Atomic 4 shaft dia is 7/8. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer and the type of prop required? Need the tech info on pitch etc. Thanks Dennis

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
What is your reduction gear ratio

When I received My Islander with an Atomic Four in it she was turning a 13X7 two blade sailorman prop. I replaced the engine with a 10HP diesel and a 3:1 reduction gear. I bought a used but serviceable three blade 13X15 bronze prop and haven't looked back. I don't think "make" is terribly important but you must know how fast it will turn before you can choose a pitch. Remember that one inch of pitch turning 1000 RPM will equal 1 knot theoretical. I know that I have a lot of slip with the 15 inch pitch but I couldn't go with a greater diameter and lower pitch The maximum shaft speed for my boat and engine is 1200 RPM. Ross in Bel Air

Aug 3, 2005
Morgan 33 O/I Green Cove Springs FL
This prop really works

Ahoy Dennis; If you have a direct drive Atomic Bomb then this prop is awsome. I tried one on my old boat and it really improved the performance and the backing ability. Go to Ingigo Electronics. Good people to work with. Fair Winds Cap'n Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.