2QM15 engine fuse size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2004
Crown 34 Sidney BC
Greetings folks, I'm hoping someone can help me. I need to replace the fuse in my Yanmar 2QM15 engine wiring harness but I can't make out the fuse capacity. Judging by the size of the fuse element, it is pretty high capacity.

I've done a bunch of Google-fu to no avail...

Obi-wan you are my last hope!

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Greetings folks, I'm hoping someone can help me. I need to replace the fuse in my Yanmar 2QM15 engine wiring harness but I can't make out the fuse capacity. Judging by the size of the fuse element, it is pretty high capacity.

I've done a bunch of Google-fu to no avail...

Obi-wan you are my last hope!
the parts manuel says 20 amp and it also says 30 amp ...try the 20 first and if it doesnt hold up then try the 30 amp must have been some kind of up grade that it didnt explain...

regards

woody

Jun 1, 2004
Crown 34 Sidney BC
the parts manuel says 20 amp and it also says 30 amp ...try the 20 first and if it doesnt hold up then try the 30 amp must have been some kind of up grade that it didnt explain...

regards

woody
Ahh the parts manual, thanks! I only have the Service Manual. The old box fuse must have given up the ghost because a PO spliced in a $4.95 fuse holder which as you can imagine hasn't held up very well in the less than ideal conditions of an engine room in a 33 yr old salt water sailboat. I think I'll spend my entire week's lunch allowance and buy a better fuse holder.

Jun 1, 2004
Crown 34 Sidney BC
Got 'er fixed

With a nice waterproof fuse holder complete with a shiny new fuse!

Turn the key, press the button and vroom; 15 screaming horses of pure, unadulterated 1978 Yanmar goodness are unleashed on the unsuspecting sea! OK, it's not that dramatic. But it felt good to find and fix the again with the help of this board!

Fair winds!

Status
Not open for further replies.