272 traveller support Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin S.

1st post - thank everyone for making this a great place. Finally found a 272 to get my feet wet again after being a landlubber for a good 15+ years. Want to have some fun sprucing her up and keep my eyes peeled for a nice 32 or 37 CC - or maybe.... Anyway - the problem. Someone removed the traveler support bolts (my name for them). Theres one each side inboard of the main mounting plate on each end. I assume its a tapered head and must have some type of sleeve between the deck and the traveller section. Can tell its nutted with a large washer on the interior. I am blessed that I am withing minutes of Rudy at DR Marine but his files don't have an exact piece for me. I will measure best I can - but was wondering if anyone by chance has more specific information, measurements etc for these pieces or even have one set removed to get the info from to be sure we get the right parts. thanx again. This was a good excuse to try my first post. Be gentle <G>

T

Tom Ehmke

I can check it out when I cover the boat

for the winter. I was at the boatyard yesterday to winterize the engine and bring the rigging home for winter storage, but won't be going back today. Why were the bolts removed? Any idea? I think my traveler is made by Fico (spelling?). Don't know if Oday or any of its later owners (Lear-Siegler built my '86)used the same traveler on all the 272 models. Hopefully another owner will respond soon. If not, I'll be going back to the boatyard to put the winter cover on her soon and I will check for bolt type, sleeve length and backing for the nuts on the cabin ceiling. Anything else we can help with, post it. Tom

K

Kevin S.

Thanx Tom

Yes - mine is a Fico too (australia). Can't find any reference to it on a web search other than the company in Ct which also seems to be the source for Zspar parts (I need a couple Sheaves). But they don't list anything related to these bolts. Why were they removed? Beats the h*ll out of me. I know the outboard had been reported as stolen from the boat yard that housed it - maybe someone needed parts or wanted some spare stainless. The boat was a fresh water only 88 non LE from Illinois but it has sat unattended since last registered there in 01. I plan to rebed everything topside, replace the running rigging probably some new sails. I have a 1 and 3 year old so I'll add the double life line and netting too. Thanks for the assist and feedback.

B

Bob Todd

Hi Kevin...

I think I still have my old bolts. Let me look around. It'll save you around $12.00 apiece. Cheers, Bob Linkage to my web page below...

Status
Not open for further replies.