26X, how does one tell the Date of manufacture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eugene Grimes

Hello all, About the 26X, how does one tell the Date of manufacture By looking at the boat,??? And also! What month in 1999 did They switch to all glass in the decking? aside from it just being older,, can youz think of any reasons Not to buy a pre 1999/2000 boat??? Grimes http://www.team2stool.com/

G

George Lavoie

Date of manufacture

To find the manufacture date of the Mac your looking at check the serial no. mine is 4531F101 the first four nos. are how many were made. the F1 F being july the one being the First of july and lastly the 01 is the year. January is A Feb.B March C. and on. To tell if the boat has the new type deck just walk on it if it flexes it's early or before 1999. This may depend on your weight I'm over 200# so the deck flexes. Depending on price is that really a problem, I've never heard of an X beingt scraped. George

K

Ken

Pre '99 X

My MAC is a 1996. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Well, maybe the world,but you get the idea. The location of the ballast drain is the only change that I think is important. Even then, if you don't mind getting your feet wet while boarding, it's not that bad. If you find a boat in good condition and within your price range, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.