24.5 center board tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hugh MacRae

I am refurbishing a 24.5 and noticed that there is considerable tension on the center board pendant when I raise the board.I must use the winch to raise it. Is this normal? I replaced the line and it is free and I rebult the broken SS clevis where it attaches to the board. There seems to be very poor leverage to pull the board up.

S

steve

245 swing keel

We also replaced our line. The tension on our line is also great because the lifting point is so close to the roating pin. The benefit of having the line so close to the pin is that the line will not drag(or snag debris) in the water with the board down. We had a different boat that had the line at the end of the board which would drag and create harmonic vibration under sail.We have used our 245 extensively and the swing keel continues to work beautifully even though it is a little difficult to lift.

F

Furling

How to lower CENTERBOARD on 245?

Just bought a 1984 Seidelmann 245- 24' sailboat. Cannot see how to raise the centerboard. Can anyone please tell me?

May 1, 2006
- - Sandusky Bay, Ohio
Raising the Centerboard

The centerboard pendant (line) on ours comes out on the port side of the mast. Winch the pendant and the board comes up, release the pendant and the board falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.