22 Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doezulu

Well, I'm ready to buy my first sailboat, mainly for daysailing and weekending...and I really like what I've seen of the Capri 22. My question is: How much would a brand new Capri 22 cost? I live in California, and wouldn't need any shipping. Also, would the MKII provide any more comfort for weekending? What are the differences between the two, both in price and features. Thanks in advance, Brennan

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
capri 22

I googled this price list from a dealer in florida...probably similar in Cali....looks like you'll be spending at least 20 thousand before getting a trailor. Yikes!!!! http://www.gisails.com/boats/catalina/sport/capri22/ However, a new boat is nice but you may find a good used one in so cal for way less. maybe $5K or so. Put a few bucks into it and spend the rest on a new truck to tow it.... a slip in so cal for a 22 foot boat will cost close to $260/mo. BTW there is a sweet, lonely Capri 22 on my dock that has been sitting un-sailed for many years. I'd make an offer on it in a heartbeat if I were looking for another boat. All it needs is a little cleaning up and a new suit of sails, about 1500.

D

Doezulu

Thanks for the quick response. :) I figured it would be about 20k, I've only seen a couple used 22's for sale here...but I'll definitely look into one if I see it. Also, how comfortable would the capri 22 be compared to the 22 MKII?

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Other sources

For some idea on the differences and some used prices, I'd browse around here: http://kb.sailboatowners.com/brand?brand=1&fno=20 You can see some used prices, reviews and specs. Also see: http://www.catalinayachts.com/ For specs. As suggested, I would seriously be looking at some of the used boats out there because they would be a bit cheaper. The old original and new-style 22 has the concept of a tent-camper on the water. I believe that they discontinued this concept in 1995. They sleep a fair number of people in a small space. (up to 5 in the cabin) The eating area converts to sleeping for two people. There is a sink and a cooking area. A cooler came with the new-style boats. Porta-potty can be useful. It may seemed crampt for some but others would be satisfied. The newer Capri 22, the 22 sport and the Mark II have more of a day sailor cabin with bench seating along the bilges and a V berth with a potty underneath. The Capri 22 comes in either fin or wing keel. Probably the fastest but I don't think that it is part of the C-22 one design class unless they decided to put a standard class-legal 22 keel on them. The 22 Sport Retractable keel (Still can be used in the older C-22 class for racing.) The Mk II Retractable, fin or wing keel. Wider by 4". Probably the best of the current production model 22s for weekending. NOt sure about price differences of new boats. You'd have to call a dealer on that.

Apr 10, 2006
- - St. Petersburg, Fl
capri 22

I own a 1997 capri 22 fin keel standard rig. They changed the model in 2001 and it made boat of the year for its size. It is different but not that much. It is the fast model of the three catalina 22's. It is the harder of the three to trailer if you want to trailer look for the wing keel. I leave mine in the water year round. It sleeps four, the berths are actually large and comfortable. I spend the weekend on it almost every week. The boat shows seem the best time to buy new if you go that route. The performance package seems to be worth the money for a option. Sailors on my dock are impressed with the performance of my capri 22.

Apr 10, 2006
- - St. Petersburg, Fl
researched a price

The 2006 Strictly Sail for 2007 boats prices were... Capri 22 14,523--- 22 mk11 17,720--- 22 sport 12,067 for base boats. 22sport i beleave sails are extra. They had a capri 22 wing keel with canvas package,stern boarding ladder,engine bracket, roller furling and port a potty for $17,092 with trailer $19,809. I checked out my brochures from November 2006. If you plan to trailer you need trailer tongue extension and mast raising system to make it easier.

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
Some other reading

Shows standard and optional equipment: http://www.capri22.net/cp22_specs.htm Looks like a mover. The weight ratio seems to be more in the keel. Has optional galley unit W/basin and stove for a weekend campout.

Status
Not open for further replies.