2022 Harvest Moon Regatta - Crew Available

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong sub forum to post in. I looked and didn't see a better place for crew postings.

A little early but wanted to get this out there in hope to find a boat to crew on for the 2022 Harvest Moon Regatta.

About Me:

I love to learn, and I don't like conflict, so I get along with almost everyone. I am tech savvy, 34 years old, family man, and work in business management. My hobbies are my boat and building motorcycles. I am mechanically inclined.

Sailing Experience: ASA 101, 103, 104, 114. I own a 1984 Hunter 34 which I am continually rebuilding and sailing almost every weekend in Oklahoma in club races and cruising with my wife and 11 year old. I have done all the maintenance and heavy refit work on my boat. Including diesel, electrical, fiberglass, carpentry, canvas, etc... One bareboat charter in BVI under my belt.

I don't have much spinnaker experience but willing to do anything needing done on a boat to learn and gain experience, spinnaker or not.

I can take instruction and criticism well.

Will provide my own safety gear.

I'm roughly 8 hours away from Galveston area, so meeting up several times before the regatta is not possible but I would be willing to come down at least one weekend to race on your boat ahead of the actual Harvest Moon Regatta.

I may be willing to crew back to Galveston Bay area, depending on your planned length of stay in Port A.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Artey, check on the HMR 2022 website. They usually have an area to submit crew available info. I’m racing this year on a friends catamara. I believe his crew is filled but will check for you. Will also check with other sailors I know who may be doing this race. A plus is if ur available for the return trip but it will add time to your trip. list this possibility in any crew wanted/available posting. Also definitely bring your own inflatable and safety harness. Hope u can make it.

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Thanks Cap'n Jerry! I've been looking on the HMR website but it is a bit hard to find the forum. I think its actually part of the Lakewood Yacht Clubs website and had tried to register there but then never got the registration email to be able to post my availability for the race. I shall try again soon now that you have reminded me of it.

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
We sail out of Grove on Grand Lake. I never did find a ride for the Harvest Moon Regatta. My club, Grand Lake Sailing Club is doing a long distance race starting in Grove out of Dillar Cove, to the dam and back. You're welcome to come out and participate. Hoping the forecast shapes up a little better. We love it when other sailors from the South end come to race with us either with their boat or as crew.

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
I've been thinking about doing the long distance race for many years, it just never worked out. When is it?

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2009
I just checked the FB page. It's this Saturday. The wind prediction for Saturday is very light, especially for a long race. I'll have to wait and see.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
I just checked the FB page. It's this Saturday. The wind prediction for Saturday is very light, especially for a long race. I'll have to wait and see.
Maybe they plan it for light wind to ensure that it IS a long race?

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Yes the forecast isn't looking great. It's the 3rd race of our 6 race fall series. Come out another Saturday and crew. Meet at 10AM for captains meeting. Race at 11.

Jul 23, 2009
Yes the forecast isn't looking great. It's the 3rd race of our 6 race fall series. Come out another Saturday and crew. Meet at 10AM for captains meeting. Race at 11.
I would really like to race my boat. I haven't raced either of my Beneteaus. Years ago I had a San Juan 7.7m. I won many races with that boat. One year I took home the spring and fall trophy at Oologah lake. Several years ago I helped a friend move a Hunter 27 from Pennsylvanian to Oklahoma. He had it for several years working on it. He finally splashed it the evening before a big race at Ft Gibson. We won every race in our class both days, having never sailed the boat until race day.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Artey. Are u still looking to race? Just saw this post on FB from the Lake Yacht Club. If your interested. I know its short notice

A Message from the PRO:
If you are looking for crew or looking for a boat that needs crew, here are two options:

The event crew board located at 35th Annual Lakewood Yacht Club Harvest Moon Regatta® : Lakewood Yacht Club - HMR

Or the crew finder forum on GBCA.org, at Crew Finder

Regards,

Regards,

David Comeaux
Principal Race Officer - 2022 Harvest Moon Regatta

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Jerry Thank you! I had tried to sign up for several boards prior to this and post in different places and registrations were always flaky or nothing seemed current. I had not run across these two links in the times I had looked. This may ultimately be too short of notice, but I will give it serious thought tonight, I really want to do this race!!