2020 Launch!

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I know some folks leave their boats in year-round, but here in the Northeast we have a May-October (maybe April - October if you are lucky) sailing season, and getting Jacqueline moved from her jack stands into the water is quite a process. It was pretty windy yesterday, so you'll notice I still don't have the sails on (all the canvas is new this season).

There is a trailer that picks up the boat from the stands.
Trailer.jpg

The trailer takes the boat to the lift, which then drives to boat to the drop point and lowers her into the water.
Lift.jpg

Of course, my club misunderstood my launch date and a transient was on my mooring, so after motoring around the field for 30 minutes they were able to pack up and get underway so I could moor.
Mooring.jpg

Relaxing with some wine.
Relax.jpg

The water was a horrible color, but Jacqueline was looking good with her new canvas (even though the sails are not on yet).
Jacqueline.jpg

And finally, a #nofilter sunset!

Sunset.jpg

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Nice! That canvas setup looks sweet, the other C310 down from me has a similar setup. My bimini is just a single massive cover for the entire cockpit. Great for shade and comfort, but a lot of leaning around to actually see the sails trim.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Great news Curt. I didn't put my boat in last year for various reasons, but splashed it last Thursday. My wife and I put the sails on Sunday morning and went for a 3 hour sail in perfect winds. Everything is cleaned, all the cruising 'stuff' is on board and set up.....no where to go :(. We have a couple of local anchor spots on Lake Ontario, depends on wind direction, I think the anchor is going to get a workout this summer.
Your dodger/bimini look great and are similar to mine, the bimini is huge!

Enjoy.

dj

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Glad to see you are in the water! My club skips the Travel Lift and backs the Brownell trailer right into the water. I hate hoisting the old girl!

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Nice! That canvas setup looks sweet, the other C310 down from me has a similar setup. My bimini is just a single massive cover for the entire cockpit. Great for shade and comfort, but a lot of leaning around to actually see the sails trim.
Curt Your Canvas Looks GREAT!, We had a dodger built But our Bimini is one piece with Windows in the top so we can see the sails and we love our dodger we also had zip off wings with glass added to the dodger sides.
Money well spent!