2010 Rendezvous for the Salish Sea for the Pacific NW Crusers

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
Macgregor M with the super cruser package Richland
Is there anyone interested in having a Rendezvous for this group ? I am thinking about Susia Island the most northern island in the SanJuan Islands would be central, but maybe there are other ideas ?

I am going to try and make the Lattiatitude and Attitudes magizine's rendezvous in Anacortes WA on August 13-15. I guess it is a real hoot with a pirate costume party and it looks like well over 50 boats reserved already, anyone want to join in ?

Sep 25, 2008
Sunstar 28 Sidney, BC
Salish Sea Cruisers Rendezvous

I would be very interested in seeing a rendezvous organized for this group. I would be coming from Sidney, so for me Susia would be great. Roche or Garrison or Reid would be very convenient also if the facilities were suitable. Typically we clear in at Roche (and love staying there for a night or two), so something in striking distance of Roche is best for me. That could include Deer Harbor as well. Even Rosario, although the farther south or east it gets, the more likely it requires an extra day to return home.

Let's see how much interest this can generate and it will give us a better idea of what kind of facilities would be needed.

Is there anyone interested in having a Rendezvous for this group ? I am thinking about Susia Island the most northern island in the SanJuan Islands would be central, but maybe there are other ideas ?

I am going to try and make the Lattiatitude and Attitudes magizine's rendezvous in Anacortes WA on August 13-15. I guess it is a real hoot with a pirate costume party and it looks like well over 50 boats reserved already, anyone want to join in ?

Bob V

Mar 13, 2008
Catalina 42mkII Lagoon Point
Sounds good to me

I'll watch for the plan to develop and hope to join you. Any of the places mentioned sound good, although Garrison might be a bit tight if we get a good turnout.

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
Is there any other musisans other than my wife and I, to play music at a rendezvous ? We play bass, dobro, mandolin, banjo mostely old time not rock, there is no drummer.

Sep 25, 2008
Sunstar 28 Sidney, BC
I have been known to play my 12 string (folk), but I don't have a wide variety of chords, all my formal training is in piano and voice. My wife claims she got gypped because she thought she was marrying a troubador but I play my guitar so seldom these days that my fingers get sore when I do :neutral: I guess I need to repent :)
But I do like to jam a little and learn from others.

Bob V

Mar 13, 2008
Catalina 42mkII Lagoon Point
I play the mandolin quietly while the rest of the crew is asleep because that's kinda where my skill level is right now. I usually have it along while cruising though.

druid

Apr 22, 2009
Ontario 32 Pender Harbour
I'd love a Rendezvous! I'll post it on BCBoatnet and get those folks to come too if you like. I don't normally cross the border any more, but might just for this...Hell, any excuse for a cruise!

I play guitar (blues, folk, some rock but my Lady won't let me play Led Zep or Eagles any more), and have just taken up violin. I can also hack away at just about any instrument, including banjo, ukelele, mandolin, drums, piano...

druid
"Coatue" Crown 28

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
We will try and make it. We have plans to be in the Salish sea in July for about 20 or so days and in August for the Lattitudes and Attitudes magizine rendezvous at Anticortus and then sail around the islands untill the end of the month Cause it is too too too hot on the east side of the mts. We also play music dobro, banjo mandolin, fiddle, upright bass, guitar and jam several times a week with friends.

Jun 8, 2004
Macgregor 26M Delta, B.C. Canada 26M not X
There is a MacGregor club called 'MacGregor Yacht Club of B.C.' (MYCBC.CA) that operates out of the Greater Vancouver area. We have a MacRendezvous in Snug Cove one weekend in June (check our website) but we also hold an annual cruise to Sucia every September Labour Day long weekend, we anchor in Fossil Bay. We get anywhere from 3-13 boats or more depending on weather. It is an established event so those who wish to join us please do so, it would be similar to a Rendezvous given the number of boats.

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
Which country are you talking about Canada or USA, Snug cove is where ? We don't always carry our Pass Ports to cross the border into Canada. I know where Suaia Island is and have been there. I am also a member of the Canadian MacGregor club but seams in the last 2 years 98% of the club events are in Canada not split between the US and Canada.
A better location for a rendezvous is the west side of Cypriss island hooked to the free buoy's.

Jun 8, 2004
Macgregor 26M Delta, B.C. Canada 26M not X
Actually bubba, we hold two events south of 49 degrees. The September Sucia event is just an informal cruise that became popular so we still do it. We also have our annual Blaine Regatta in May 7-9th weekend, that is Blaine Harbour in U.S.A. Blaine is right at the Peace Arch border crossing.
Snug Cove is on Bowen Island just across the water from Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal at the entrance to Howe Sound. Look on the Canadian side just at the entrance to Vancouver Harbour.
We also have informal cruises throughout the San Juans and Gulf Islands throughout the season, usually one of the members anounces a cruise and invites anyone to join.
We have one in July that overlaps the two countries National Days, the first leg surrounds July 1st Canada Day at Winter Cove, Saturna Island, while the second leg surrounds July 4th in Friday Harbour. I will likely be participating in that second leg since I will be embarking from Point Roberts USA, into the San Juans at about that time. Others may just participate in the first leg since the San Juans are quite far south for those embarking from English Bay. July 1st is a Thursday and July 4th is Sunday so some of us will take Friday off and go on the cruise. You can visit MYCBC.CA website and check the events and participate if you like. We do have Americans in our club you know. "Mystic Rose" from Blaine will be at the Regatta, he always is.
Point Roberts Marina is a USA Marina that has been invaded by Canadians, most boats there are Canadian and we mostly sail the San Juans since we are already in the USA and don't need to cross customs on the water.
http://www.pointrobertsmarina.com/
http://mycbc.ca/news.php

Oct 31, 2009
Islander 28 Blaine, Wa.
We berth in Blaine so Sucia is our backyard cruising ground but anywhere in the San Juans or Canadian Gulfs is great too. My wife and I are both musicians (we met while playing in a rock band) and generally pack along a mandolin or a fiddle and a small Martin guitar. She sings - I mumble vague harmonys. I think I can play "Sailor's Hornpipe" and I know I can play "Good Lovin". Has anyone proposed any dates? We're old but new to sailing so we look forward to hanging with you salty dogs.

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
I am a member of the Canadian Mac club with same name as here and will try and make some of the listed events.
In the past I had to be hanging around collecting rent money on the first of the month like my upcoming March first 60th birthday and the 4 of July, as well as Labor Day, but I have changed things and the rents are mailed in so this year hopefully we will be free the first of the month. Usually we leave home around the 10th of the month and stay out for 2 weeks at a time.
Were going to try and make the Blue Water Yacht's MacGregor Rendezvous at Port Orchard in June and do some jamming with tropical rock singer Dave ( Music Man ) Calhoon.
This year in August I am going to try and make the Lattitudes and Attitudes Rendezvous at Anacortes, there are already around 100 boats signed up and last year there were around 170 boats at Poulsbo. They are having 2 Tropical rock bands ( singing Jummy Buffett songs as well as there own) one is Dave Calhoon a local Salish Sea sailer and the other is from BVI, there flying in. If you show up be sure your flying your Jolly Roger, it is the theme and pirate clothing is the dress code other than a tropical shirt.

There is another group, the PacificNWsailers.com who do potluck dinners at anchorages in the southern Salish Sea and San Juan islands mostly. I'm part of there 'Brethern Of The Sound' a roudy fun loving bunch of modern day Pirates with a pirate code to live up to, but watch out this group has black pouder cannons and sutch. AAARRGGHH. So if you hear cannon fire it probably is them.

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
I am out of here , siging off because of lack of intrest in this booring web site

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 376 Point Roberts
From Point Roberts ...I am in too.
Prefer: Sucia, Friday, Roche, Semiamoo?, Blain, Stuart Island
Cheers
Gabor