2008 Hunter 33 ice box

Jun 13, 2024
Hunter 33 Toronto
I'm down to the short strokes on purchasing a 2008 Hunter 33. I've found that the under-counter ice-box and trash bin have been removed from the boat (probably to open up more storage space). Can anyone advise on whether these items can still be replaced and at what cost? The boat has an under-counter fridge so i won't be without cold storage. But i'm thinking that one day i may sell this boat and the absence of these basic OEM items could have a minor impact on what potential buyers would pay for the boat.

I didn't notice that the ice-box and trash bin were removed initially because the spaces were filled with "stuff". I naively assumed that the "stuff" was inside the box/bin. Only today when we did the survey and the owner had removed all the stuff did i see that lifting the counter lids revealed that the box/bin had been removed.

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Ok I know the issue on the Trash Bin too. I still have mine installed.

I know you have an issue in Imports to Canada.

But many things are still possible.

Jim...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
You probably can restore the space but it may be non OEM. You can't have 100% in a used boat. Stick to the big issues: Engine, deck, bottom, keel, rig, and sails. The trash can is irrelevant. Spend more time on the keel bolts.

Jun 13, 2024
Hunter 33 Toronto
I should have noted on my original post that these are indeed minor items (especially the trash can) as compared to the "big issues" and they would not be deal breakers for me. Still, minor items can have sometimes have an outsized impact on the overall enjoyment of something; the devil being in the details, as it were.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
On a 4 years newer Hunter 33 (2012) there is a front loader Dometic CR-1065 and top loader Waeco Coolmatic CB-40. I think the latter now comes under Dometic.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
The trash (garbage) can is listed as:
"CAN TRASH BEIGE 41 1/4 QT #2957 54656RL"

A Google search comes up with this.
Rubbermaid Commercial 2957

I have not checked the dimensions against mine. I have also taken the garbage can out to make for more storage using Rubbermaid containers.