2008 H36 microwave replacement

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
I was able to find a matching replacement for the microwave on my Hunter 41DS at an online RV store.

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
Any microwave could due, measure the old one and go to an appliance store. Mine is 5 years old with no problems.

Nov 28, 2016
Hunter 36 Northeast, MD
our microwave gave up also, we are considering converting the space to storage instead. Take advantage of the dead space behind the stove. We use the microwave rarely, but bought a new one. Considering stashing it in one of the lockers under the Vberth.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Any microwave could due, measure the old one and go to an appliance store.
Don't know why; however, it seems that most boat manufacturers install Tappan microwaves. Perhaps Tappan is the cheapest bidder.
I don't use mine frequently; mainly to reheat a cup of coffee.

Dec 27, 2005
Hunter 36 Chicago
Any microwave could due, measure the old one and go to an appliance store. Mine is 5 years old with no problems.
I have a microwave that will fit, the problem is on the my 36 the factory installed the microwave so that the only way to replace is to cut out some of the cabinetry. Just was wondering if anyone had done that.

Dec 27, 2005
Hunter 36 Chicago
our microwave gave up also, we are considering converting the space to storage instead. Take advantage of the dead space behind the stove. We use the microwave rarely, but bought a new one. Considering stashing it in one of the lockers under the Vberth.
I have a microwave stashed on board, just that it is a pain to lift it whenever I want to use it.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
We used our H356 microwave mostly for storage. And for a Faraday cage a few times. But it was pretty useless as an appliance and I would judge a bit rough on the battery when used away from the dock.
Once in a night race to and around Block Island we had my wife's casserole in the microwave for storage. When we hit a big wave on starboard tack, it flew out and landed in the sink - upright. Not a drop spilled! Can anyone imagine what a mess it would have been to clean up not to mention the danger of slipping around in the galley/nav area? That was the only luck we had in that race.

Feb 15, 2008
Hunter 49 Sydney
Mine is different but I have repaired mine twice in the last 15years. I The Diodes fail I guess perhaps due to it always being run on inverter. Simpler than changeing it out, and mine is oven and microwave, old but good

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
I have a microwave that will fit, the problem is on the my 36 the factory installed the microwave so that the only way to replace is to cut out some of the cabinetry. Just was wondering if anyone had done that.
Mine was factory installed too, however the frame around the microwave is designed to snap out. It took a little prying.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Perhaps an Air Fryer would be an interesting alternative to a microwave.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I’m sorta lucky

I’ve got the original Kenmore Brew N Wave that has the coffee maker built in.
I drink a ton of coffee, so I love this feature

Problem is (well covered previously), the glass carafe pots aren’t available. I have several stashed away in a top secret location. (Along with enough spares to build a complete boat from scratch)