2007 Hunter 33 Helm Seat wobbling

Jul 4, 2010
NA NA NA
Just purchased a 2007 Hunter 33. Love the boat! However, the Helm seat wobbles when it’s up as a helm seat and when it’s down as a swim platform. Walking on it in either position is an uneasy feeling as you immediately want to grab something. I’ve searched everywhere for any advice on this problem and have found nothing.This leads me to believe it’s not normal. Wanted to see if anyone had any advice on this. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Just purchased a 2007 Hunter 33. Love the boat! However, the Helm seat wobbles when it’s up as a helm seat and when it’s down as a swim platform. Walking on it in either position is an uneasy feeling as you immediately want to grab something. I’ve searched everywhere for any advice on this problem and have found nothing.This leads me to believe it’s not normal. Wanted to see if anyone had any advice on this. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
Check the hinge pin, may be bent or loose. You can buy a new one if needed. Mine was bent when we purchased our boat.

Jul 4, 2010
NA NA NA
Hi KappyKapplan, I would provide a picture, but you would not be able to see anything. Thank you for your response and attempt to help me.

Hi Scott B. There are three pins (Two hinges and one locking pin) involved in the helm seat. One of our hinges did appear bent. We replaced it and did not obtain any improvement. Did you have the wobble before you replaced your bent pin? And did replacing your hinge pin fix the wobble. If yes, we will replace the other two. Thank you for your response and attempt to help me.

Just went to tell the third response, "Nice" and then noticed it was from you Scott B. I also just noticed the Red Arrow. Thank you again for your help and also, "Nice"!!!

Sep 20, 2006
I would check the 2 hinge pins that they are tight. The 3rd pin is only to lock the seat in place so it doesn't swing, but yes definately check all three are tight. Can't exactly remember how the seat was with the bent pin, it was 15 yrs ago, just remeber it ddid not swing properly.

When you say wobble, is that side to side or does it swing fore and aft when you step on it.

Jul 4, 2010
NA NA NA
GM Scott B, The wobble is forward to aft. But only occurs when you step on certain sides of the helms seat / Swim platform. If you stay aft on the swim platform all is stable. Step on the forward side and it wobbles always making you want to grab something. You don’t need to grab anything, it’s just that movement that gets ya. I’ll replace the final two pins. I’ll also get to look at the plate holes when I do it. Part of me thinks some of the holes might be warped too. I’ll come back and post all findings. Thank you so much for your help! Truly Appreciated!!!

Sep 20, 2006
GM Scott B, The wobble is forward to aft. But only occurs when you step on certain sides of the helms seat / Swim platform. If you stay aft on the swim platform all is stable. Step on the forward side and it wobbles always making you want to grab something. You don’t need to grab anything, it’s just that movement that gets ya. I’ll replace the final two pins. I’ll also get to look at the plate holes when I do it. Part of me thinks some of the holes might be warped too. I’ll come back and post all findings. Thank you so much for your help! Truly Appreciated!!!
If its swinging fore and aft, the third pin is not engaged. The third pin with the knob & spring should lock into a hole when the seat is down and up. You should have to pull the knob to release the seat. Check that knob and that will stop the swinging.