2001 Beneteau 331 salon table removal or newer model

May 16, 2020
Beneteau 311 Stockton Lake, Missouri
Has anyone removed or replaced the salon table? I am considering removing the current table to created more room in the cabin.

Weasel

May 23, 2004
Beneteau 331 Iuka, MS
I’m going to remove the table to refinish it this winter but there is a sleeve with two long stainless brackets that cannot be removed. Why not just modify the table and make it smaller.

Nov 2, 2008
Beneteau 331 Chicago (DuSable)
One clever idea which I have been considering is drill an extra pair of holes identical to the lower set for sleeping and normal table position pair. However higher toward the ceiling to lift it up and out of the way. We do very often lift it to the position so it can swivel out of the way. I assume that is common practice in port.

Weasel

May 23, 2004
Beneteau 331 Iuka, MS
I use two threaded water pump clamps. That stainless steel pole is the mast compression post, I wouldn’t want to add any additional holes to it. I am thinking of modifying the table so it should be swivelled and function as an end table.

Jan 10, 2018
Beneteau 331 Halifax
I made a new salon table last winter. As you can see, it does not jut out so you can walk into the V-berth. To take the big table off, you just unscrew it. It's made of solid cherry, and should darken over time. I also put a wooden box that rum came in to the left of the "nav station". It's a great place to store things and it does not tip when heeling.

Attachments