2 knots gusting to 3

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Last evening WAS supposed to be the final race in the WYC G-series. Sitting in 2nd place, were were hoping for a good breeze to help us out. But we got nothing. So we were happy the RC abandoned the race after waiting 30 minutes for it to maybe fill in. We figured no way that was going to happen, so rafted up with some friends from the J24 and J22 fleet. I think we were 3 beers into it when the triple-horn finally blew. The bear in the blue shirt who drives the middle j24 an is talking to Jodi is olympic gold medalist Bill Allen. Man does that guy have the stories!!

B1EC5FE5-546B-4247-92A7-90481A92FEAE.jpeg

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Miss my J24!
They are great race boats, both as OD and handicapped as well. Sail to their rating in most conditions. Which to me is the definition of a raceboat. Unlike us... BlueJ suffers in light airs with her non-overlapping rig. In breeze however we hold our own. They outpoint us slightly, mostly due to hull shape, but downwind we’re faster.

Most of the j24 owners are friends of ours, and wonder why we don’t race OD. Once they do a race on BlueJ however, they stop asking. IB diesel, fridge and stove, real head, standing headroom, memory foam mattress!