1998 H376 Outhaul Design

Aug 5, 2020
HUNTER 376 San Diego
Had outhaul system, internal to boom, fail. I'm unable to identify design or locate diagram. The boom is Charleston Spars. Can anyone point me to info or provide description?

Thanks mates!

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Ronstan has an outhaul design (on their web site) which was similar to that used on my old H40.5 if that helps

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Ouch!!!............a photo of your boom would be helpful but expect the diagram looks like the one below (same as on my Hunter 386 and 46) from page 44 of your manual that you can download from this site in the link below.. It shows the outhaul connected to the clew then over a sheave at the end of the boom, through the boom then over a second sheave where it exists the boom to a block at the base of the mast then through a deck organizer to a rope clutch on the cabin top. Do you need to completely re-rig it or did the outhaul line break inside your boom and you need to retrieve to sew on a tag line OR new outhaul? If so, maybe someone in the forum has had this happen to them and can describe how re-rigged it or retrieved it inside the boom.

1596649229942.png

Aug 5, 2020
HUNTER 376 San Diego
Welcome to the forum!!

Ouch!!!............a photo of your boom would be helpful but expect the diagram looks like the one below (same as on my Hunter 386 and 46) from page 44 of your manual that you can download from this site in the link below.. It shows the outhaul connected to the clew then over a sheave at the end of the boom, through the boom then over a second sheave where it exists the boom to a block at the base of the mast then through a deck organizer to a rope clutch on the cabin top. Do you need to completely re-rig it or did the outhaul line break inside your boom and you need to retrieve to sew on a tag line OR new outhaul? If so, maybe someone in the forum has had this happen to them and can describe how re-rigged it or retrieved it inside the boom.

View attachment 183394

Thanks mate but no help. I have the manual with same diagram. Charleston boom has an internal purchase. The out haul line coming off forward boom sheave secures to cleat on bottom of boom as opposed to going aft through deck tunnel. Peering into aft end of boom it looks like possible floating blocks (double) but am unable to fish it out...yet.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Might consider consulting with these San Diego Sparcraft distributors:

Aug 5, 2020
HUNTER 376 San Diego
Mates, Thanks for quick response and pointing me to various resources that let to decision to build new 6:1 system. Bought couple of Harken blocks and am on my way!

Cheers!