1995 or 1996 MacGregor26

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter

What are the major differences between a MacGregor 26 from 1995 and 1996? Thanks for your help. Peter

J

Jamie

Differences Between the Macs

The difference between the two are that 1995 was the last year for the sailing Macs. These are the boats that had a sailboat hull with a pop-top cabin. In 1996 they switched to a boxy hull and made it into more of a powerboat than a sailboat. They also increased the cabin room and removed the pop-top option. The 1996 model does not sail as well as the 1995 models because of their squared off hull. But they do have the ability to accomadate a 50 horse motor. Good luck shopping around for your boat! I choose a 1990 Macgregor 26D and don't have any complaints about the boat. I am still in college and truly trailer sailer it everyweekend I have a chance. I think once I get out of school I want to get a 35-45 foot catameran but they are a little pricey for me at the present time but I may still keep the 26D since it's such a fun boat.

F

ftldiver

1990 26d - daggerboard?

Hello, Was the dagger board model make in 1990? or was 89 last year of daggerboard? thanx.

J

Jamie

It was made in 1990 as well as 1989

I have a 1990 26D, the last of the 26Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.