1992 Hunter 335 interior...

calvin

Jul 30, 2019
Hunter 335 Port Orchard
In the process of purchasing a 1992 Hunter 335. Think I have a pretty good handle on most of the work that needs to be done with the exception of the interior walls. There is a padded insert that goes over top of the hull in both berths and the main salon. Its off white and starting to show its age. Anyone have any thoughts on the proper way to clean it, whether it can be painted/reconditioned (I think not but worth asking), or what it could/should be replaced with?

Thx...

Calvin

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
Calvin- I have a 1994 335- I have used various cleaning products on the padded walls in the berthing area- for general cleaning use a mild soap and water- if there are specific stains I have used fabric/carpet cleaning products with some success- you can use other cleaners as well but test in an inconspicuous spot. I know all this sounds fairly generic but it has worked for me

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome Calvin. Congrats on the "new" to you boat. May you have many enjoyable days sailing out of Port Orchard.

Usually, as @nveater has indicated, a mild water soap solution does the trick.

One of the issues with these liners is the glue used to adhere them begins to fail. I have heard the 3M spray contact cement helps to extend their life. The liners help to mitigate the cold if you plan to be a winter sailor. Adding an insulation like Reflex can help to keep your cabin warm on a cold November/December night.

calvin

Jul 30, 2019
Hunter 335 Port Orchard
Thanks much nveater and jssailem. Will give soap and water at try, may also test a small portable car carpet cleaner I have in a small area.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Post some before and after pictures and tell us how it worked out. You may be helping some one else who finds a similar problem...

Pay it Forward.