1990 Model 2003 raw water pump

Apr 29, 2012
Beneteau 35s5 bristol ri
Hello,
Does anyone have any information on removing the raw water pump and then replacing it? I'm planning on having a local dealer rebuild it. In particular I'm interested in how the copper pipes attach. looks like there are O rings involved.

Thanks,

Thetone

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
What type of engine is it, and do you have any pictures? The raw water pumps on the engines I’ve seen have all been plumbed with rubber hoses. The high pressure fuel pump is the only engine pump I can think of that usually has rigid lines.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I'm planning on having a local dealer rebuild it.
You'll have to answer @Davidasailor26 's questions so we know what we're dealing with before we can offer anything of use.

You say you are looking at having a local dealer rebuild it. I'm assuming the "it" is a raw water pump on your engine. Depending what's wrong with the pump, the dealer won't have to look at it for too long before it becomes cheaper to buy a new pump. Only way a rebuild is cheaper is if you do it yourself.

This depends on the info you supply about the engine. If it even is an engine we're looking at.

In particular I'm interested in how the copper pipes attach.
Does your current engine setup use copper pipes ?

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Hello,
Does anyone have any information on removing the raw water pump and then replacing it? I'm planning on having a local dealer rebuild it. In particular I'm interested in how the copper pipes attach. looks like there are O rings involved.

Thanks,

Thetone
This video may assist. It doesn’t explicitly show the removal but does show in fairly good detail the overhaul and installation. The latter should help in the removal.
YouTube - Volvo Penta 2003 Rebuild

Apr 29, 2012
Beneteau 35s5 bristol ri
This video may assist. It doesn’t explicitly show the removal but does show in fairly good detail the overhaul and installation. The latter should help in the removal.
I found that video. I'm concerned about getting it disconnected from those copper pipes without breaking one.

Jul 18, 2015
South P10 Pugetopolis
The rubber washers are all that hold the tubing, so its easy to remove the pump without damaging tubing. The new rubber washers are included in most rebuild kits.

I use a battery terminal brush to clean the tubing inside and out and the pump sockets before reassembly.

Check utube for more videos on the pump installation.