1985 Hunter 23 swing keel centreboard line replacement

Nov 11, 2019
Hunter 23' Purcell's Cove
Has anyone replaced the centreboard line or are they aware of a site with instruction on centreboard line replacement. I'm wondering if it can be done while on the trailer.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You need to post under small boats. Advise that your boat was one of the first Hunter 23 ten boats that had a swing winglet keel as the rest were fixed wing keels. Under boat info/Hunter resources/23 you will find a diagram showing your keel. Does not reference line size. You can call the forum store advising the keel and ask what size line. Ask Dave to inquire with Al but may be no help as Al was not around when that style keel was put on. You can go to the top of Hunter Owners and there is a site referenced with addl info. That is all I know a available on Hunter info as Marlow-Hunter cannot help. Look or ask others to look in the archives as there were a couple of threads regarding your question.
@ rgranger pleas research. Thanks
Crazy Dave

Nov 11, 2019
Hunter 23' Purcell's Cove
Thank you for your very helpful information. I haven't purchased the boat yet, I like everything about it but am unsure about the swing keel and what sort of trouble I might be getting myself into as I don't have easy access to a lift. It's difficult to assess the condition of the current line or whether it is original or not, but guaranteed it will need replacing at some point. Thanks again, Bluenoser.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
With the ballast tank empty, it is not a very heavy boat. You can find an auto machanic who would be happy to rent you his lift on a Sunday afternoon. Offer $50.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
$125 seems to be the average price to lift a boat off a trailer around here. Smaller marinas seems to be more flexible with pricing and time in a sling or cradle. They might not have a ton of business in the off season so they might give you a good deal