1984 C22. Questions and best websites

Nov 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY
I'm looking at a 1984 C22 this weekend and welcome your recommendations:
1. There are a few minor leaks where a few stanchions attach. What is the best sealant?
2. I'm told the swim ladder has a crack where its attached. Can it be welded or needs to be replaced.
3. No stove. Any suggestions ? Alcohol, propane and any model recommended.
4. Best website for a decent Bimini? Also is a track recommended or fixed mount ok
5. Any reputable salvage sites for accessories/parts? Been thinking, this is almost a 40 year old boat. I won't always need brand new stuff.
Thanks for your help! Hope to join you soon as a proud owner!

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
1. Butyl tape, this is the best brand but no longer available from there, this site (sailboatowners.com) sells it now but they are currently out of stock: ***Buy Bed-It Butyl Tape*** by Compass Marine How To
2: Most likely can be repaired.
3. Small butane stove like this are good, store the butane properly when not using: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Butane-Gas-Stove-Double-Burner-16-000-Total-BTU-with-Carrying-Case-Outdoor-Camping-Cookouts-Tailgating-Barbeque/703792458?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101001825
4.This site (sailboatowners.com) makes excellent biminis.
5. Whoever has the part you're looking for.

Nov 9, 2022
1. Butyl tape, this is the best brand but no longer available from there, this site (sailboatowners.com) sells it now but they are currently out of stock: ***Buy Bed-It Butyl Tape*** by Compass Marine How To
2: Most likely can be repaired.
3. Small butane stove like this are good, store the butane properly when not using: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Butane-Gas-Stove-Double-Burner-16-000-Total-BTU-with-Carrying-Case-Outdoor-Camping-Cookouts-Tailgating-Barbeque/703792458?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101001825
4.This site (sailboatowners.com) makes excellent biminis.
5. Whoever has the part you're looking for.

Thanks Dmax! Jack

Nov 11, 2022
Catalina 22 El Dorado Lake
I have an 84 C22. If your boat has the one step, cast aluminum ladder, I recommend replacing it unless you and everyone else on the boat are very strong and agile. It's pretty hard to get in the boat from that "ladder," especially if no one's on board to assist. If you're racing the boat, try to find a multistep ladder of aluminum. Most are stainless and heavy.
Don't know of a salvage site, but there's getting to be a lot of C22s out there that belong on one.
Think about replacing the circuit board with a NEW ONE (Catalina Direct) if it hasn't been done already. The original plastic ones crumble...bad deal.
Good boat choice. Have a great time with it.

Nov 9, 2022
Thanks so much. Hope I can strike a fair deal for seller and me in Saturday. All the best! Jack