1983 H34 Refit

Aug 19, 2024
Hunter 34 Deale
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and to my H34 but not to sailing. Before this boat, I was on a fully-loaded Beneteau 50, which we sailed the entire eastern seaboard on. Anyway... this H34...

The PO replaced the cabin sole and bulk heads. The PO also added the following:
- Distribution blocks
- New head tank
- New pex water lines
- New port lights
- Stopped all leaks
- New bilge pumps
- Bug screens for deck hatches
- Speed and depth gauges

Nonetheless, the starboard side near the galley has water in the bilge (not sure source) and it has rotted the floor. Floor in galley and v-berth will need replaced. I know the bilge in these boats has a storied reputation of being a problem. Additionally, the boat has some good electrical upgrades including:

- ProNautic 1260P Onboard Marine Battery Charger, 60 Amp
- 2 X 12-volt Renogy AGM marine batteries 200ah
- Victron 12-volt battery isolator
- Xantrex Link Pro battery monitor

However, wiring still needs to be finished from the charger to the battery switch.

Any advice/counsel I can get on where to start and what to do would be very much appreciated. Somewhat overwhelmed with her current state but am committed to get this project boat in shipshape and sailing again .

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome Aboard, Taylor!
Be sure to check out the info on the forum.. under "General Downloads" and "Downloads By Brand"
The water heater T-P valve can drool water onto the starboard sole just forward of the galley.. As the heater goes from cold to hot, the pressure inside it can overpressure the safety valve and cause a temporary dripping until the pressure and temperature stabilize. You can fit a hose to the valve outlet to direct that dripping to the bilge ... or... always remember to briefly open the hot water valve at the sink to bleed off the excess pressure..
again, Welcome aboard!