1982 S2 9.2a Shower sump

Status
Not open for further replies.

jms9

Feb 5, 2009
2 9.2A Houston
We bought our S2 last year and have been learning to sail her in Galveston Bay. Later this year we plan on sailing around the Gulf Coast to Florida and then, hopefully, across to the Bahamas. I am an absolute novice sailor having mis-spent most of my life with various power boats. This is our first sailboat and she seems to be very well built and very forgiving. I wish I would have started sailing many years ago now. On to my questions...

I am trying to find the shower sump and pump. There is a labeled breaker for it and the manual shows it in the fwd part of the bilge, it is not there. Shower water runs directly into the bilge from a pipe running fwd from the bilge. Anyone got any ideas?

Second question, in the head there is a keyed switch that I beleive controls a valve for pumping the storage tank overboard. Near the breaker panel is a switch bearing the name lectrasol (maybe misspelling that). It does not appear to do anything. Can anyone explain how this system works?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
one and the same

We bought our S2 last year and have been learning to sail her in Galveston Bay. Later this year we plan on sailing around the Gulf Coast to Florida and then, hopefully, across to the Bahamas. I am an absolute novice sailor having mis-spent most of my life with various power boats. This is our first sailboat and she seems to be very well built and very forgiving. I wish I would have started sailing many years ago now. On to my questions...

I am trying to find the shower sump and pump. There is a labeled breaker for it and the manual shows it in the fwd part of the bilge, it is not there. Shower water runs directly into the bilge from a pipe running fwd from the bilge. Anyone got any ideas?

Second question, in the head there is a keyed switch that I beleive controls a valve for pumping the storage tank overboard. Near the breaker panel is a switch bearing the name lectrasol (maybe misspelling that). It does not appear to do anything. Can anyone explain how this system works?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
i have a 1979 model 9.2A and the sump on mine IS the bilge ....the water dumps in the bilge and the bilge pump ...pumps it out ....if you look close you may find no bilge pump switch for the bilge pump on the panel ...i am refiting my boat all the way through and will be adding a dedicated shower sump along with two bilge pumps as well ......

as far as the lectrasan unit is concerned ......it is from the days when it was ok to dump directly overboard...if you look closly you may find that you dont really have a holding tank ...unless it has been add later after the manufacture ...i am doing away with that system due to it not being in good repair and adding a 20 gal holding tank with proper plumbing by todays standards...they still make the lectrasan system and they are good systems.....but you have to have a holding tank now days and the S2 has limited hidden space .... this is just my take on your question and what i am doing to my boat hope this helps you ...

regards

woody

Status
Not open for further replies.