1982 Lancer 25 - quote wanted

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@vashonsailing Happiness is when a plan comes together. I had no problem at the WA DMV.:banghead: They took my document and gave me approval.:dancing: Happy to get my Oregon money to sail my boat in WA waters. :liar:They call it a Use Fee.:yikes: Kind of helps me (an incentive. As if I really needed one.) to use the boat.:laugh:

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
To alleviate issues in the future I suggest to everyone to have the bill of sale signed in front of a notary. Besides Buc Kelly Blue Books has one for boats but Buc is better to use. Each state is different as to regulations. However a notarized bill of sale helps to resolve many issues.

As rgranger pointed out when there is no documentation it is difficult and TN is another state not requiring registration.
To get around that as dealer a notarized bill of sale was required from the seller to new buyer. As a broker, I provided my brokerage agreement plus notarized power of attorney. Any addl info on trailer was requested for example tax documents, previous bill of sale, insurance policy with trailer noted and so on from the seller. With all that in VA and NC you can apply for a new VIN NUMBER which then is stamped into the trailer frame. The new owner then apply for a title and registration. Worked every time for me