1982 era C30 Waste tank storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff K

Does anyone have an 1982 era C30, that can tell me what the factory configuration was for the waste holding tank and system. I purchased a one owner boat who apparently did not order his with a holding tank. They just pumped it over until the previous owner installed his own holding system which was composed of a water tank up in the bow forward of the water tank under the V berth. Has anyone seen this before? I am looking to replace this tank with a proper waste tank but want to know more about what the factory did. My understanding is that the tank was originally under one of the setees. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx Jeff

C

Chris Gonzales

Under the port settee

The factory installed the tank under the port settee. There the hose from the head would be short and straight. The pumpout hose would be run through the galley cabinets (hidden) up from the left side of the tank to the deck pumpout fitting above.

T

Thomas

C30 holding tank

Catalina Yachts used a Ronco B-123 tank, on the port side as was mentioned. The tank is listed in Ronco's online catalog (see link). Ronco can add the fittings that you will need to the tank if you ask (the catalog shows fittings and tank separately). Factory vented the tank to a port-side stanchion located above the small cabinet in the head. Pump-out on deck is located port-side by the cockpit, just forward (adjacent) of the fuel tank fill.

J

Jeff

Chris

Thanks for the response. The head on my boat discharges out the right side of the head as you face it...so plumbing is heading toward the bow. Would have to make a ver sharp turn back to get to the port side setee. Is this what the factory did? Thx

T

Todd Osborne (Windwalker)

Factory Head Configuration

Here is a link to the technical drawing of the factory install. There is a fitting on your plastic 2" toilet outlet that should rotate when the locking nut is loosened. Simply loosen the nut & rotate the fitting 180 degrees & your sewage line can be ran directly aft through the bathroom bulkhead into the port settee, where the factory installed waste tank would be located. The Fwd part of the settee is where a typical diverter "Y" valve would be installed to a through hull fitting (in the same compartment). Good luck! P.S. I'm sure you can find another C-30 owner in your marina who will be willing to let you take a peek at their system.

H

Harvey

Another view

The parts manual that is on the Cataline 30 website may give you some more insight on the holding tank and many other system.

J

Jeff

Thanks for the views

Thank you for the information. After doing some surfing I found the drawings. I also discovered after spending some time on the boat thinking about it, that I could easily turn the head discharge tube aft, but thanks for pointing that out. It did not occur to me until after I had asked the question. Oh well.... the perils of buying an older boat and having to redo someone elses work.

Status
Not open for further replies.