1978 Catalina 25, Brand of Marine toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

I would like to repair a 1978 Catalina 25 marine toilet. I can not see the brand name or model number of the toilet. Does any one know which Brand of marine toilets Catalina uses? Thanks jmerte@borgwarner.com

higgs

Aug 24, 2005
Nassau 34 Olcott, NY
New toilet

A new head is not that expensive. It may be worth it to just replace the old one.

B

bob G.

Probably not original

Since most marine toilets only last a few years at best I doubt that on a 1978 model this toilet is original equipment thus it could be almost any brand having been replace by a previous owner. As Higgs suggested just buy a new one, rebuild kitds are almost as expensive as new toilets.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Bob and Higgs are right...

A toilet that old isn't worth the cost to repair it...even if you could get repair parts for it, which is unlikely because, IF your toilet is still original--which it could be, 'cuz the toilets made then were far more durable than most made today--it's most likely a Mansfield 751, which was discontinued some 25 years ago...no parts or even repair kits have been available for more than 10 years. However, it's more likely that it's been replaced sometime in the last 30 years...so if you'll email or post a photo of it that shows a good view of the pump (not the bowl...all bowls look alike), I can identify it for you and tell you whether it's worth putting any money into. 'Cuz Bob and Higgs are also right that it costs almost as much--or even more, depending on what it needs--to repair a small compact toilet than it does to replace it. As for what Catalina is using now...Jabsco. You don't want one. If the boat doesn't have a holding tank, you'll need one...and you may or may not need to replace the hoses. If you do need a tank AND a toilet, it may make more sense on a boat that size to go with a self-contained system...iow, a "portapotty" that isn't portable, but permanently installed and fitted for pumpout. We can pursue that in more detail after we know what you have and how old it is/what condition it's in. Meanwhile, you might want to check out the link below...it'll take you to a comprehensive "marine sanitation system 101" manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.