1975 Newport 30 II

Jun 18, 2017
Newport Newport 30 II Richmond ca
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
I've boated for decades in the bay and outside the gate , but I have never sailed. Welllllppppp. I popped on a Newport 30 last month and since took her out 3 times , last time under the golden gate and out about 15 miles and back . I think I got the hang of it but a lot to learn. After this weekend out I noticed a few things that need my attention . The goose neck appears to be cracked and it looks like more then the paint as the picture shows. It seems to be mounted on a slider. Was this slider stock and goose knock stock or after market . I won't be back down to the boat to gather more information until next weekend . If I can get some more info I'll know what to measure/look for . Also the top slug broke from the sail . Any secret to attacking the slug to the sail ? Looks like some kind of Kevlar strapping . Sorry for my ignorance in advance . I added a picture of the boat , not bad for $2,250 :) also a picture of a visitor next to the boat this weekend

Jun 18, 2017
Newport Newport 30 II Richmond ca
And sorry in advance the picture of the goose neck is limited . I had her wrapped up and we where walking of dock when I remembered to picture it . We had been on the water 12 hours and was to exhausted to take the cover off. I'll get better pictures next weekend if needed

Apr 4, 2016
Newport 28 Richardson Marina
I am a fellow Newport owner, welcome. There is a great Facebook page for Newport Owners here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/860390570690157/

Very helpful group of people.

The Gooseneck looks shot, they're available used if you look around. The webbing that holds the slide on is typically just Nylon, a small shackle or whipping it on with waxed twine works fin e too.