1973 Cat 22 Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Lokey

Please HELP..!! I just aquired a 1973 Cat 22. It was stored outside for years...I pressure washed it and it cleaned up real nice. The interior has been stripped of all wood except the compression post of teak. The fiberglass inside is badly stained. And where do all these old dangely wires go to..? Window ports are clear but need new rubber beding. I have all the pieces and parts that were reomoved from the interior...I have the sails, mast, tiller, teak parts, storage area wood covers, pop-up screen/cover, various canvas covers ...bags full of parts... swing keel.. Here is a list of interior concerns: -cleaning of fiberglass -electrical system rebuild..running/interior lights, battery,switch controls,bildge pump, music,extras, etc. -where to get patterns for seats -what is the round recessed thing with the hole in it on the right seat area? -swing keel cable through hull, water/leak proofing? ++where to get pivot hardware for pop up top..its not here++ Here is list of exterior concerns: -how to refit the 500lb.+ swing keel ? I have the pivot bar and bearings...where do they attach and how? -hull in good shape...deck areas has lots of small cracks..is this a problem? -rub rail is in good shape,no rot,just discolored... Thank you everybody for any help.....as I would like to go sailing next weekend..!!! juz kiddin.......

U

Uwe

Restoration project

It sounds like a full summer project It took me all summer just to go through the entire hull of my 77. The mast is still not finished. Most of the boat was cleaned inside and out with Spray nine boat bottom cleaner its concentrated , spray it on let set and scrub and wash off. I also used lots of full strenth bleach to kill the mildew.

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
the round recessed thing

Hello, The round recessed thing with the hole in it on the right seat area is the galley sink drain. I guess your boat came with the sliding galley that normally stores under the starbard cockpit. When the galley slides into the cabin, the drain empties through that hole. Good luck with your restoration. You should visit the www.catalina22.org web site for wire diagrams, owners manual, advice, etc. Good luck, Barry

R

Randy K

Catalina Direct

Call Catalina Direct (www.catalinadirect.com) and get one of their C22 catalogs. They have all the parts you will need on your project as well as some how-to videos. Have fun!

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Also Catalina Yachts makes efforts to

have parts available for older models, you can call them in Woodland Hills if you have difficulty locating something. They do their own upholstery so may have patterns or cushions. Good Luck, I know in my own case, boat projects always take longer and cost more than estimated.

J

john renfro

hello ken, the phone # for Catalina Direct is 1800-959-7245. the Owners Handbook is about $11.00 good luck john

Status
Not open for further replies.