1972 Morgan 22'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2007
- - Fort Myers, Florida
I went to look at a morgan 22 today and was confused about the wire that connects to center board. It seems like the wire runs from the cockpit down the boat to about the middle of the boat which then goes into a horizontal pvc pole which connects to the center board i'm guessing? THis is quite odd and i'm woundering if anyone has some information on this boat and possibly a diagram of the keel set-up.

Oct 19, 2005
Morgan 24 Warner Robins, GA.
Information on centerboard raising system

I have a website for the Morgan 24 which has information on the centerboard raising system used on many of the Morgans including the M22. Hope this helps Bob

Jul 10, 2007
- - Fort Myers, Florida
diagrams

After looking at some of your diagrams Ive figured it out, one other thing, how much dose the center board weigh?

Oct 19, 2005
Morgan 24 Warner Robins, GA.
The centerboard weight

As near as I can guess,the the board weighs about 60-70 Lbs and certainly not over 80 Lbs. I have picked up both of the boards to my M24s in the past and they was not real heavy. Some of the larger Morgans in the above 30 range came with bronze boards that had a weight of more than 200 Lbs. With the board weight of only about 60-70 Lbs, I use a 4 to 1 block and tackle to raise mine. Neither of my M24s came with the bronze winch. My 68 had the holes for one but no winch. The 66' never did have one, just a pull rope. I like the block and tackle arrangement because it is simple and fixable no matter where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.